- Call a professional with the experience to restore your home and air quality
- Professionally dry the home or building as quickly as possible with dehumidifiers and air movers, if possible.
- Remove carpet, insulation, upholstery, drywall, and other porous items that cannot be cleaned if these were wet for longer than 72 hours. If not removed, these items may remain a constant source of mold growth in the home.
- Removal of mold from hard surfaces can be accomplished with commercial remediation products.
- If mold growth is related to faulty plumbing or another problem with the water supply, be sure to fix that problem first or the mold issue will never go away.
- Wear protective masks in closed areas where mold growth is known or suspected, or when doing work that could kick up dust.
Why Air Filtration Devices (AFDs) are Used as the Restoration Process
We recommend AFDs after any water disaster, even clean-water events, which are still susceptible to compromised indoor air qualify. These devices are used to: